Permanent Makeup Information
Permanent makeup, otherwise known as cosmetic tattooing, can last for several years, however it is different from traditional body tattoos as the pure, biodegradable pigments used will fade over time.
Cosmetic tattooing is low maintenance, not no maintenance, so Amanda recommends making a refresh appointment every 6 to 18 months to maintain your new look. Rather like hair colour, the pigment will gradually fade away, so keeping your cosmetic tattooing topped up will ensure it always looks fresh and natural.
Cosmetic tattooing has many lasting benefits:
- Thicken and define sparse or thinning brows
- Have perfect eyeliner that won’t smudge or rub off
- Restore brows and lashes lost due to chemotherapy or alopecia
- Forget about poking yourself in the eye when trying to apply make up with a visual impairment
- Revive uneven lips that have faded from age or scared from cold sores
- Never worry about losing your make up in the pool again, as cosmetic tattooing is waterproof once healed
- Wake up with youthful eyebrows, luscious lips and perfect eyeliner every day
Cosmetic tattooing with Amanda is usually a three-step process:
- Meet Amanda at a 20-30min Consultation. You can ask any questions you may have and discuss the colour and shape of your tattooing. Amanda will also apply make up to your brows, eyes or lips to give you an idea of how the cosmetic tattooing would look.
- The Initial Tattooing comes next. Lasting approximately two hours, Amanda will begin by taking some photos and applying numbing cream while you fill out a medical form. After 30-40mins, Amanda will plan and measure out exactly where the tattooing will go, before starting the colour implanting process.
- You’ll then come back for a Touch Up. Four to six weeks after your initial tattooing, you may find there are small gaps or that the tattooing isn’t quite dark enough. This appointment allows Amanda to go over and perfect your tattooing, ensuring you get the best result every time.
Occasionally a second touch up is required within three months, as some clients are more resistant to pigment than others. Generally you won’t need to come back until your tattooing needs a refresh appointment after 6-18 months.
For further information, please see our FAQ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clients who take blood thinners need to inform Amanda, as you will have to consult with your doctor to determine if you can stop or reduce your dosage prior to any kind of tattooing.
- If you regularly take fish oils, please stop taking them two weeks before your tattooing appointment as they thin the blood.
- Tattooing is not as effective for clients who smoke, as the colour will bleed and fade more quickly.
- Lip tattooing is not as effective on clients who have enhanced their lips with injections. The treatment can still be performed, the pigment will simply be lighter as it is harder for your lips to hold onto the colour.
- Lip tattooing clients should inform Amanda if you have ever had a cold sore, even if it was just once as a child, as you will need to obtain cold sore medication from the chemist.